Golden Township Subdivision Ordinance
Ordinance No. One
The Township of Golden, County of Oceana, and State of Michigan, ordains:
1. That the division of a lot in a recorded plat is prohibited unless approved by resolution of the Township Board following application to the Township Clerk.
2. That said application shall state the reasons for the proposed division and shall be in affidavit form.
3. That no lot in a recorded plat shall be divided into more than four parts and the resulting lots shall be not less in area than permitted by the township or county zoning ordinance. That in no event shall any resulting lot be less than 65 feet at the front line or less than 12,000 square feet in area.
4. That no building permits shall be issued or any building construction commenced until the division has been approved by the Township Board and the suitability of the land for building sites has been approved by the County or District Health Department.
5. That, notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the division of a lot resulting in a smaller area than prescribed herein may be permitted for the purpose of adding to the existing building site or sites.
6. No subdivision plat shall be approved if it contains or abuts on or provides for access by lot owners to any artificial lake or any other body of water supplied in whole or in part by wells or artesian wells drilled after February 10, 1972. Approval shall likewise be denied if such lake or body of water is supplied by raising water from a lower body of water to a higher elevation.
7. No subdivision plat shall be approved unless all lots which appear to abut on any artificial lake or any other body of water extend to the water’s edge. Approval shall likewise be denied unless such lake or body of water shall be dedicated either to the use of the lot owners specifically or to the public with access equal to 5% of the shoreline provided.
8. All streets and roads shall be dedicated to the public.
This Ordinance shall be effective immediately as of date below.
Effective date of Sections 1-5, May, 1970.
Effective date of Sections 6-8, Feb., 1972.